The shoulder is the most movable joint in the body. It is made up of three bones and two important joints that allow for movement. The rotator cuff has muscles and tendons to provide mobility and strength to the joint. Articular cartilage covers the surface of the bones and acts as a cushion between the bones.
When any or all of these components deteriorate shoulder pain, stiffness and discomfort can result. Until recently there have been limited remedies for chronic shoulder pain or limited mobility and function. At Florida Orthopaedic Specialists we offer the full spectrum of shoulder treatments and remedies, both non-surgical and surgical.
Non-surgical remedies can include:
- Non-steroidal and/or steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
- Physical Therapy
- Cortisone Injections
Surgical remedies can include:
- Arthroscopy and minimally-invasive procedures
- Arthroscopic Rotator Cuff Repair
- Arthroscopic Labral Repair
- Complex fracture treatments
- Partial shoulder replacement
- Complete shoulder replacement
- Reverse Shoulder Replacement
The physicians at Florida Orthopaedic Specialists are committed to providing the highest quality of medical care. If you are experiencing shoulder stiffness, pain or loss of function an examination by an orthopaedic physician can help determine a correct diagnosis and recommend appropriate treatment options. Call today to make an appointment!